Terms & Conditions
Thank you for visiting our site and shopping with Cereal Ltd. Here is a list of details you'll need to know before browsing our site and placing an order with us.
COPYRIGHT & USAGE
You are welcome to use the product photos from our online shop page on your blog or site, as long as you properly credit Cereal and link back to our homepage or the product page. Photos may not be used for any other purpose and may not be altered. All content on this website is copyrighted. High resolution product photos are available upon request at email@example.com.
We are currently accepting payment via debit/credit card, as well as Paypal. To use a debit or credit card, simply enter your card information when prompted, and your account will be securely charged.
To see detailed information about Shipping, view our Shipping Policy
At this time, we do not offer returns or exchanges. If you are unsatisfied with your order within 7 days of receiving your package, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
International packages may incur taxes/duties. Please familiarise yourself with your country’s fees before placing an order. Cereal Ltd. is legally obligated to enter the full value of orders on customs forms.
We will try our best to fulfil every order as specified in our terms, but delays and cancellations may occur for reasons beyond our control. We reserve the right to cancel any orders for any reason, refunding our customers for the full amount immediately.
For any further assistance, please get in touch at email@example.com.
1. What information do we collect from you?
The information you give us may include your name and contact details, including address, telephone number, and email address, as well as your payment information. This occurs when you place an order on our online shop; email us your information in regards to an order; create an online account; subscribe to our newsletter; and/or participate in a reader’s survey or competition.
Information that is provided by you will only be used for the purpose for which it is provided, unless you are informed otherwise at the time of giving the information.
2. How do we use your information?
We may use your information to provide goods and services that you have requested, and to communicate with you about those goods and services; to operate our site; to comply with applicable law; and as otherwise permitted by applicable law.
3. How do we share your information?
We may disclose your personal information to partners of Cereal Ltd. who supply services to you on behalf of Cereal Ltd., and who need to process personal information in the provision of such services. When you request goods and services from us, you are consenting to the disclosure of your personal information to our partners who may provide such goods and services under contract and guarantee to our satisfaction that they have sufficiently robust processes in place to ensure the security of your personal information whilst it is in their care. This includes our fulfillment house – who are GDPR compliant – who we share customer order mailing information with, via password-encrypted spreadsheets.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
If all or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers will be one of the transferred assets
We may disclose de-personalised data (such as aggregated statistics) about the users of our website in order to describe our sales, customers, traffic patterns, and other site information to prospective partners, advertisers, investors, and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes; but these statistics will include no personally identifying information.
Under certain circumstances we may occasionally be required by law, court order, or governmental authority to disclose certain types of personal information and we reserve the right to comply with any such legally binding request.
Other than this, Cereal Ltd. will not disclose any of your personal information to any other third parties without your consent.
4. How long will we keep your information?
We will hold your information on our system only for as long as is necessary – such as fulfilling a request for goods and services. After that timeframe, your information will be securely deleted, or in some cases, anonymised.
5. How is your information stored and kept secure?
The website and our server have appropriate technical measures in place to protect against unauthorised or unlawful use of your personal information, as well as the accidental loss, destruction, or damage of your information while under our control. However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure, and while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk.
6. Who is responsible for your data?
Cereal Ltd. is responsible for your data. Our registered address is 1 Park Street, #2, Bath, BA1 2TA, United Kingdom. We are registered as a company in England and Wales.
7. What are your rights?
You are entitled to see copies of all personal information held by us, and to amend, correct, or delete such data. You can also limit, restrict, or object to the processing of your data. You can log in to your Cereal Ltd. account to update the details held there.
If you gave us your consent to use your data, for example, so that we can send you marketing emails, you can withdraw your consent by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When you get in touch, we will come back to you as soon as possible, and where possible within one month. If your request is more complicated, it may take a little longer to come back to you.
If you have any complaints regarding Cereal Ltd.’s processing of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com with the subject – Data Controller – or write to us at, Cereal, c/o Data Controller, 3a Fountain Buildings, Lansdown Road, Bath, BA1 5DU, United Kingdom.
Please note that you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority, which is responsible for the protection of personal information in the country where you live or work, or in which you think a breach of data protection laws might have taken place.
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are common and won’t do anything to harm your system – they simply store or gather information. They help you to get the most out of your visit to our website.
We may collect information about your computer including, where available, your IP address, operating system, and browser type for system administration as part of our audit trail process. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that. You are not obliged to accept cookies and you can adjust your browser’s setting to prevent it from accepting cookies on your computer. Please note you may not be able to take full advantage of our website if you do so.
Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Although they can be used to store information which may identify a user’s computer, cookies do not personally identify users and passwords, and credit card information are not stored in cookies.
Terms and Conditions of the Cereal x Douglas Instagram Contest
Entrants participate by following the official The Douglas, Autograph Collection Hotels Instagram account (@thedouglas_van) and Cereal City Guides Instagram account (@cerealguides), liking the post and commenting the participant’s favourite thing about Vancouver.
1. The prize of this competition is a two-night luxury suite hotel accommodation at The Douglas – An Autograph Collection Hotel (subject to availability and seasonal openings). Accommodation dates must be agreed upon by the winner and The Douglas – An Autograph Collection Hotel after the winner has been announced.
2. The competition is organised by Cereal and The Douglas – An Autograph Collection Hotel, 45 Smithe St, Vancouver, BC V6B 0R3 and runs from June 20th 2019 to June 26th 2019.
3. The Douglas – An Autograph Collection Hotel reserves the right to cancel the competition and retract the prize at any time without stating any reason.
4. Participants must be 21 or over. Participation is excluded for employees and freelancers working for The Douglas – An Autograph Collection Hotel, its subsidiaries, affiliates and local partners and their respective immediate family and household members.
5. Prizes are not transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash.
6. The decision made by The Douglas – An Autograph Collection Hotel is final. No correspondence will be entered into.
7.Prizes are subject to availability. In the event of unforeseen circumstances, The Douglas -An Autograph Collection Hotel reserves the right (a) to substitute alternative prizes of equivalent or greater value and (b) in exceptional circumstances to amend or foreclose the promotion without notice.
8. By entering this competition, all entrants consent to the use of their personal data by The Douglas – An Autograph Collection Hotel for the purposes of the administration of this competition and any other purposes to which the entrant has consented.
9. Extraneous costs (such as food and drink, taxes, and fees) are not included and must also be paid by the winner(s).
10. The winner(s) will be informed via Instagram about their prize and must confirm acceptance of the prize within five business days.
11. Except where prohibited, participation in the competition constitutes each winner’s consent to competition partners’ and their agents’ use of the winners’ names for promotional purposes in any media without further payment or consideration.
12. Entries via agents or third parties are invalid.
14. There will be only one winner. The stay is valid for two persons.
15. The competition is subject to Canadian law. Any recourse to courts is excluded. By participating, entrants agree to release and hold harmless The Douglas – An Autograph Collection Hotel and any administrators, subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in the competition, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any competition-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trademark infringement or any other intellectual property-related cause of action.